siaqodb is a NoSQL embedded object database engine that currently runs on .NET, .NET for WinRT (fully async API), Mono, Silverlight, MonoTouch, MonoAndroid, Unity3D, CompactFramework and as well on Windows Phone 7 and 8.
A very “hot” feature is our Sync Framework provider making siaqodb true cross-platform (Silverlight, WPF, WindowsForms, WindowsPhone, WindowsMobile, Android and iOS) client side database that can be kept synchronized with server-side database like MS SQLServer.
As query engine it use LINQ and it is first database on the market that provide LINQ query editor in SiaqodbManager application. Features of siaqodb:
- objects are stored in a special format(not simple serialized), allowing CRUD operations even without instantiate objects – unique feature for .NET object databases
- full LINQ provider that make possible instantiate only required objects and even possible to read properties/fields of objects without instantiate those objects
- fully async API for WinRT
- may store full object graph, Arrays, Lists, Dictionaries, etc
- partial object loading and eager loading by using Include<T>(…)
- full POCO support
- it has a small footprint (only one assembly that has about 280KB ), no extra dependencies
- ACID transactions
- built-in or plug-able encryption support
- very simple,easy to use – “one-line-code database” and very fast see a performance test
- zero config
- automatic object schema refactoring
- Import/Export from/to XML
- thread safe – full support for ASP.NET based apps
- also has features from relational database systems like JOINs
- it is an embedded database engine
- for more features see our 5 min. tutorial or consult the User Guide
SiaqodbManager is a management tool that is able to manage(insert/update/delete/view) data stored in siaqodb database and also is able to run ad-hoc LINQ queries over stored objects.