siaqodb is a NoSQL embedded object database engine that currently runs on .NET, .NET for WinRT, Mono, Silverlight,Windows Phone 7 and 8, Xamarin.iOS, Xamarin.Android, Unity3D and also on CompactFramework.
A very “hot” feature is our Sync Framework provider making siaqodb true cross-platform (Silverlight, WPF, WindowsForms, WindowsPhone, WindowsMobile, Android and iOS) client side database that can be kept synchronized with server-side database like MS SQLServer.
Starting with version 3.7 it has ASYNC API on almost all platforms which integrates perfectly with latest frameworks. As query engine it use LINQ and it is first database on the market that provide LINQ query editor in SiaqodbManager application. Features of siaqodb:
- objects are stored in a special format(not simple serialized), allowing CRUD operations even without instantiate objects – unique feature for .NET object databases
- full LINQ provider that make possible instantiate only required objects and even possible to read properties/fields of objects without instantiate those objects
- fully async API for WinRT
- may store full object graph, Arrays, Lists, Dictionaries, etc
- partial object loading and eager loading by using Include<T>(…)
- full POCO support
- it has a small footprint (only one assembly that has about 280KB ), no extra dependencies
- ACID transactions
- built-in or plug-able encryption support
- very simple,easy to use – “one-line-code database” and very fast see a performance test
- zero config
- automatic object schema refactoring
- Import/Export from/to XML
- thread safe – full support for ASP.NET based apps
- also has features from relational database systems like JOINs
- it is an embedded database engine
- for more features see our 5 min. tutorial or consult the User Guide
SiaqodbManager is a management tool that is able to manage(insert/update/delete/view) data stored in siaqodb database and also is able to run ad-hoc LINQ queries over stored objects.